Sunday, September 23, 2012

Apple Fanboys

It's been a while since I have actually posted anything. I've been extremely busy with the last week of school as I have had another two assessments, right after my preliminary exam block. I honestly wish I had a bit more time to study and prepare for them though. Today however, you guys are in for a treat. Sort of. Well, I read a post earlier today which really blew my mind away. I loved how a fellow Apple fanboy came up with these amazing concepts, and even brought them to life. He made a video describing his thoughts and ideas which really bring out just that tiny bit more of Apple awesomeness. In my letter below, I have included a link to his post. I hope you enjoy reading it.


Hi Apple,

I have been a loyal fan of yours ever since you have revolutionised mobile phones into what they have become today: smart phones. I have been following the rumour mill regarding the iPhone 5 ever since supposed leaks and rumours arose in late May. Since then, I have heard the wildest and not so wild rumours about a taller screen, new pin connector, a new rear casing and a behemoth of other rumours. However, what disappointed me as a "fanboy" of Apple as some would call it, is that most of these turned out to be true. One thing I was proud of Apple for was that your ability to surprise and shock the world with the next big thing. I'm not saying that the iPhone 5 is not amazing but for me, it's not amazing enough. It was similar to the iPhone 4s where the change from the 4 to 4s was minute. Likewise, the change from the 4s to 5 was also minute. I had high expectations for Apple and I have to say, you disappointed me. I hope you prove me wrong by coming out with a product that revolutionises the smart phone industry, not evolve the product.

The main reason I decided to write to you today was that I wanted to share a post I came across. The link I included below describes another fanboy of Apple's thoughts and feelings as to what could make the iPhone 5 just that much more amazing. How you may ask? Spotlight. The attention to detail and the incredible concepts that a fellow fanboy describes in his post truly are worth considering when preparing for the next major software update. I would love for Apple to take on board some of these ideas as they blew my mind away when I first looked at them.

Link: http://codysan.me/ios-spotlight-overhaul/

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I take no credit to the amazing concepts that the fellow fanboy came up with and I hope that I have been able to help you in any way by referring you to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment